When was the last time you had to withdraw cash to buy a gift card? I bet you cannot remember. Buying digital assets online is the order of the day now. Even better, it’s possible to use crypto like Bitcoin to purchase your favourite gift vouchers. How about we show you how to buy an iTunes gift card with Bitcoin?
iTunes gift cards are necessary for anyone who uses Apple Music, iCloud, and other Apple digital products. Rather than worry about converting Bitcoin to cash, especially if the rates are not so great, buy the gift card with Bitcoin. It saves you time and effort, plus it’s quite secure. So that’s what we’ll discuss in this article – how to buy an iTunes gift card with Bitcoin. Let’s get to it.
Understanding iTunes Gift Cards and Bitcoin
Any music lover with an iPhone most likely uses Apple Music and hence needs an iTunes gift card.
iTunes Gift Cards are vouchers or preloaded cards that allow holders to purchase audio or video content from the iTunes store or Apple Music Store.
Bitcoin is not new to digital-savvy individuals. It’s a digital currency that can be used to buy digital and non-digital products and services, provided the merchant accepts it as a means of payment. The appeal of using Bitcoin for gift card purchases is its safety and convenience above all else.
Getting a Bitcoin Wallet
Bitcoin wallets hold your Bitcoin and allow you to send and receive Bitcoin. There are a ton of wallets you can pick from. Whether you use a hot or cold wallet depends on how often you transact with your Bitcoin.
Hot wallets are always connected to the internet, while cold wallets are not. Most hot wallets are custodial wallets meaning that they are controlled by an exchange on your behalf. Another name for this wallet type is a centralised wallet. The ones you control yourself are decentralised and may be hot or cold.
Note that using a hot wallet is better if you frequently transact with Bitcoin or other crypto. Cold wallets are better suited if you’re concerned about security or investing long-term.
Steps to Creating Your Bitcoin Wallet
- Do some research to find out the best available wallet providers and choose one. Ensure that the one you choose is trustworthy, with reviews as proof.
- Get the mobile app from either Apple or Google Play Store. If you’re using a browser, you can get the browser extension.
- Using your email address, create an account with the wallet provider you’ve chosen. Fill in the necessary details, and use a solid password. You might have to go through a verification process. The wallet provider will create a Bitcoin wallet address for your account.
How to Get Bitcoin
You can get Bitcoin via the following different ways.
- Buying from crypto exchanges or on-ramp platforms.
- Selling other digital assets and receiving Bitcoin as payment.
- Offering services for payment in Bitcoin.
Transferring Bitcoin to Your Wallet
You can transfer your Bitcoin from an exchange to your wallet, whether custodial or non-custodial. Use the following steps.
- Login to your account on your exchange or whatever platform you have Bitcoin on.
- Go to your account profile, and go to the withdrawal section.
- Input the amount you want to withdraw.
- Input your Bitcoin address and your account password.
- Depending on the platform, you may wait for a while, then check your Bitcoin wallet to confirm that you have received it.
Remember that if the platform is an exchange, they may deduct transaction fees from the amount you sent. The implication is that the amount in your Bitcoin wallet will be less than what you initially sent.
Ensure you do not make mistakes when entering your wallet address.
Creating and Verifying an Account on Prestmit
You must have an account to buy an iTunes gift card with Bitcoin on Prestmit. You can sign in if you already do. But if you don’t, follow these steps to create one.
- Download the Prestmit app and sign up for an account on your mobile phone.
- Complete the registration process by following the prompts.
- To complete your account verification process, meet the KYC requirements and provide any other important information.
Choosing and Buying an iTunes Gift Card with Bitcoin on Prestmit
- Lunch the Prestmit app. Choose Buy/Sell Gift Cards from the dashboard menu. Then select Buy gift cards.
- Choose an iTunes gift card and enter the denomination you want and quantity. iTunes gift cards come in denominations ranging from $5 to $100.
- Select Bitcoin as your payment method and complete other necessary details.
- Confirm the transaction and wait to receive the next prompt.
Note: You will be required to send the exact amount of Bitcoin for the value of the iTunes gift card. Prestmit will send you a Bitcoin address to which you’ll send the payment before you receive your gift card.
After confirming your payment, you can check your email for the gift card details.
Using Your iTunes Gift Card
After you have completed your purchase and received the gift card in your email or physically, you’ll need to redeem it to access all the audio and video content you want on the Apple store. Here are the steps to redeeming your iTunes gift card
- Visit the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and log in with your Apple ID.
- Click on your photo or profile icon.
- Select Redeem Gift Card or Code.
- Type in the code manually and follow the prompts to complete the action. Alternately, tap Use Camera and follow the prompt if it is a physical card.
- If you received your gift card via email, open the email, clock on Redeem Now, and follow the prompts to finish redeeming your gift card.
Tips for Buying iTunes Gift Card with Bitcoin on Prestmit
Here are a few tips and considerations when buying an iTunes gift card with Bitcoin.
- Ensure that your desired gift card value is available in your desired quantity.
- Check the rates before you initiate the transaction.
- Keep your gift card details safe. Don’t share the 16-digit code with anyone.
- Do not send Bitcoin to anyone who poses as a Prestmit representative outside the platform.
Safety Measures and Precautions
- Use a strong password to secure your Prestmit account, and do not share it with anyone.
- Protect your devices with biometric locks and passwords where necessary.
- Turn on 2-Factor Authentication for your withdrawals.
- Conduct your Bitcoin transactions on one device only if possible.
- Avoid crypto address poisoning attacks by copying your wallet address from your account instead of your transaction history.
iTunes gift cards give iPhone users access to audio like music, podcasts, and videos from the App Store. Since music is a necessity at one point or another, it’s helpful to be able to buy an iTunes gift card with Bitcoin on Prestmit. The steps iterated in this article will show you how to purchase and redeem your iTunes gift card.
Bitcoin has made transactions much easier and safer. You might want to try using it more often to purchase digital assets like gift vouchers.
Stay cautious when transacting with Bitcoin to avoid falling prey to hackers. Follow safety best practices, and your gift cards and Bitcoin will be safe.