Gift cards are a popular digital asset of real-time value that continues to attract people. They are prepaid cards that enable you to shop conveniently at various stores – making them a viable alternative to cash. While there is a proliferation of gift cards in the market today, you must know how to check the balance of top gift cards in Nigeria.
It is common knowledge that checking your gift card balance saves you the stress and embarrassment of having insufficient funds on the gift card during payment at the counter or when you want to pay online.
This article will discuss how you can check the balance of the top 10 Gift Cards in Nigeria. But before we get there, we will highlight the top 10 Gift Cards in Nigeria.
Top 10 Gift Cards In Nigeria
There are many Gift Cards available in Nigeria, but for the sake of this content, we will talk about the top 10 Gift Cards in Nigeria.
1. Target Gift Card
Target Gift Cards are available in denominations ranging from $10 to $500 and can be used to purchase anything at Target, both online and in-store. It can also be sent via postal mail, email, or text messaging.
2. Google Play Gift Card
Google Play gift card is a friend to all Android users because there is no better way to enjoy all of the tasty and fascinating stuff on the Google Play Store than with a Google Play Gift Card. It’s so well-known in Nigeria that even schoolchildren know its use.
3. Amazon Gift Card
Amazon gift card has a lot of benefits. Amazon has several options, including an e-Gift Card that may be personalized with a photo or video, as well as a physical Gift Card.
4. Sephora Gift Card
A Sephora gift card can assist you in realizing your beauty goals. This is an excellent gift for anyone who appreciates trying various skincare brands, haircare, fragrances, cosmetics, and beauty goods.
5. Steam Gift Card
The content that a Steam gift card provides to avid gamers is well-known. Our gamer resources concluded that a Steam Gift Card is the ideal gift for any gamer. This is the perfect gift for your gaming-obsessed pals.
6. Nordstrom Gift Card
They can shop at the Nordstrom Store, the world’s leading designer clothing retailer for men, women, and children, as well as high-end home products, using a Nordstrom gift card. You can send a physical card or an e-gift Card via mail or email.
7. Visa Gift Card
This Gift Card can be used at any store that accepts Visa cards as payment. It’s a popular gift card in Nigeria because it’s an open-loop card that can be used at any retailer.
8. eBay Gift Card
How could we overlook eBay gift cards? They are granted by eBay for purchasing things on the eBay website, and if you do not utilize them on the eBay platform, you may be able to redeem them at a very high rate.
9. iTunes Gift Card
The iTunes store accepts gift cards to purchase apps, music, games, and other digital products. It has a high monetary value and is widely used in Nigeria.
10. American Express (AMEX) Gift Card
AMEX gift card is popular in Nigeria despite its popularity in the United States. The Amex Gift Card can be redeemed at various physical and online retailers that accept Amex Gift Cards.
How To Check The Balance Of The Top 10 Gift Cards
Check Target Gift Card Balance
- Go to Target’s gift card balance page to check your balance. To check the balance of your gift card, you will input your gift card details.
- Enter your credit card number: When the page loads, you’ll see two boxes where you can type your information. Look at the back of your gift card for further information. In the “Card Number” box, type the 15-digit number. Make sure you type everything correctly, including the dashes.
- Enter the access code: The access number for the gift card must be entered in the second field on the check balance page. The access number can be found just beneath the card number.
- Select “Balance Check” from the drop-down menu. Double-check that both the card number and the access number are correct once you’ve typed them into the appropriate areas. After that, click “Check Balance” to confirm the balance on your card. This will automatically show your balance
Check Google Play Gift Card Balance
- Go to the Google Play Store app and sign in.
- Click “Profile Icon” in the top right-hand corner of the program.
- Then, on the next screen, select “Payments & Subscriptions.“
- Select “Payment Methods” from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll notice “Google Play Balance,” which you can click to see your balance.
Check Amazon Gift Card Balance
- Firstly, log in to your account on the app or using a web browser.
- On the left side of the screen, click on the three parallel lines.
- Select “Your Account”.
- Navigate down to the Amazon wallet section and then click on “Manage Gift Card Balance.”
- Your gift card balance and transaction will be displayed.
Check Sephora Gift Card Balance
- Go to the Sephora official website.
- Click on “Check Gift Card Balance.”
- Fill in your 16-digit gift card number and code and click “check.”
You can also call their customer service representatives for assistance: 1-860-640-7897.
Check Steam Gift Card Balance
- Log in to your Steam account.
- The current available balance is shown in the upper right-hand corner of the page, just below your profile name.
Check Nordstrom Gift Card Balance
- On the Nordstrom website, go to the Gift Card Balance page.
- Enter the gift card number.
- Enter your access code or number.
- Select “Check Balance” from the drop-down menu.
Check Visa Gift Card Balance
- Visit the Visa Gift Card checking page
- Enter your 16-digit gift card number in the provided box.
- Enter your 3-digit security code (CVV) in the following box
- Click on the “Check your gift card balance” button.
Check eBay Gift Card Balance
- Visit the eBay Gift Card website
- Click on “Check Balance.”
- The balance checking page will appear
- Select “check your gift card balance on the eBay website” if you want to check on the site.
- Finally, input the card details and send.
If you wish to check your gift card balance directly through eBay customer service, phone 866-540-3229 and ask the customer service worker to check it for you after providing your details.
Check iTunes Gift Card Balance
- Create an account at iTunes if you don’t have one already.
- Open the iTunes Store app.
- Select the Featured tab at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen to find your gift card balance listed under your Apple ID.
Check Amex Gift Card Balance
- Go to the Amex website’s Check Balance page.
- Fill in the blanks with your card number.
- Before clicking the “Continue” button, make sure you’ve checked the “I’m not a robot” box.
- Call the American Express gift card toll-free line at 888-846-4308 if you don’t have your card and need to know your balance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Can I Check My Gift Card Balance In Nigeria?
You can check your gift card by creating an account on the card brand platform and entering your card code. This is how it works with cards like Amazon gift cards, Steam gift cards, Sephora gift cards, etc.
Can I Convert My Gift Card Balance To Cash?
Yes, you can convert your gift card balance to cash by selling the card on an exchange platform. In this instance, I recommend Prestmit as the place to sell your cards. This comes in terms of its reputation as one of the best gift card trading platforms in Nigeria.
So you can sell your gift cards for cash and cryptocurrency on the platform.
Is It Free To Check My Gift Card Balance?
Yes, it is free to check your gift card balance. This means that you do not have to pay any fee for that. This is similar to checking your wallet balance.
The above-listed Gift Cards are the top gcardscrds in Nigeria, which are not just popular among folks but also have a high resale value. This article will act as a guide to you whenever you wish to check your Gift Card balance. It’s also very advisable to check the balance on the card before embarking on any trade.