Gift cards serve several purposes asides from being used as a gift as the name entails. It is used to make purchases as well as other financial transactions.
There are many gift cards issued by brands/companies all over the world. These gift cards can either be open-looped or closed-looped based on their acceptance.
However, there are various forms of gift cards. In this post, we’ll see the forms of gift cards. Before then, let’s see a brief about gift cards.
What is a Gift Card?
A gift card is a type of prepaid stored-value money card, usually issued by a retailer, bank or company. It is used as an alternative to cash for purchase within a particular or related business. This type of card is loaded with money or is already loaded with cash that you or the gift card recipient may use on offline and online platforms.
Gift cards have things in common with everyday debit card as it is used to make transactions. However, a gift card differs from a debit card as it cannot be reused once the value on it is exhausted. Also, gift cards cannot be used at ATMs for cash withdrawals.
They can be easily exchanged for cash or cryptocurrencies. One of the top digital exchange platforms to exchange gift cards for cash or crypto is Prestmit. It is very easy and straightforward to do.
Gift cards are also known as Gift Vouchers, Gift Tokens, or Gift Certificates in different region.
Forms of Gift Cards
There are various forms of gift cards in the market today. The popular ones are discussed below in no particular order.
- Online Gift Cards: These types of gift vouchers are used to make a purchase in online stores rather than physical stores. Today’s top online gift cards include eBay, Amazon, iTunes, and so on.
- Store Gift Cards: These are the forms of gift vouchers that can be used at a physical store or in groups of stores. The Shoprite gift card that can be used in a Shoprite outlet is a good example of a store gift card.
- Custom Gift Cards: This gift card is customized with the cardholder’s name, photo, and message. This type of gift token is made to order and is available from online retailers.
- Prepaid Gift Cards: These are a type of gift card that can be used in several places that accepts major credit cards. These include MasterCard, Visa, and AMEX.
- Charity Gift Cards: These are gift tokens that are used for donations into a particular charity group. There are charity gift tokens for the American Red Cross, Salvation Army, and Habitat for Humanity.
- Gaming Gift Cards: These vouchers are used to play online games such PUBG. Some of the game card include Razer Gold, Steam Wallet, etc.
- Gift Cards for Services: This type of gift tokens are used as payment for services rendered. It can be used to pay for services such as health club membership, car washes, and massages.
Where to Exchange your Gift Cards in Nigeria
The best site to sell your gift cards in Nigeria is Prestmit. There are multiple payment options on the platform which include cash (Naira & Cedis) and cryptocurrency (Bitcoins & USDT).
The list of gift cards you can sell on this platform includes Amazon, AMEX, Razer Gold, Google Play, Apple, Nordstrom, Sephora, Spar, Vanilla, and so on.
Prestmit is considered the best platform for gift card trading in Nigeria because it gives the best value return for your gift card assets. The Prestmit app is topnotch for bitcoin and gift card trading as it is built with love.
The platform is always available, simple and quick for transactions, and it is very safe. All these have increased the number of users on the platform and have made it to be known as a trusted and reliable one.
Gift cards are of various forms and can be used in many places both online and physically. Prestmit, a digital exchange platform is the best place if you need to sell these gift cards for cash or cryptocurrency.