Conventionally, you can redeem your gift card by logging on to the merchant website and registering the card. But there are other ways to redeem your gift card in Ghana and anywhere else. That’s our focus for today.
Redeeming a gift card simply means to unlock the funds in the card and use it to buy something from the merchant that issued it. Most issuing merchants have the same process of redeeming a gift voucher, although, there might be little differences here and there. Whether you are in Kumasi, Tema, Cape Coast, or Accra it doesn’t matter. As long as you have an internet connection and an internet-enabled device, you can redeem your gift card.
So, let’s talk about how to redeem gift cards in Ghana.
Gift Card Popularity in Ghana
Ghana is one of the countries in West Africa that contributes to the statistics of gift card users on the continent. Gift cards are becoming increasingly popular in the country and while there are no specific statistics for Ghana, gift card vendors in Africa can attest to the fact that Ghana contributes a high percentage to the number of buyers.
One reason gift cards are popular in Ghana is convenience and versatility. Gift cards are excellent gifts for any occasion and can be resold or exchanged for money and crypto. Speaking of convenience, gift cards allow Ghanaians purchase goods and services from any part of the world without needing a credit card or a dollar card. This makes it very important to know how to redeem gift cards in Ghana.
How to Redeem a Gift Card in Ghana
2. In a Physical Store
Redeeming Your Gift Cards for Cash Or Crypto
You can also sell your gift card for cash or crypto in Ghana using sites like Prestmit if you don’t want to use it to pay for goods and services from the issuing merchant. There are different reasons why you may want to sell your gift card for cash or crypto but these are the most prominent ones.
- You don’t want to buy anything from the issuer’s store. It might happen that you are not willing to get any gift item. You can sell it for some Cedis.
- The brand doesn’t ship to Ghana. If a company doesn’t ship to Ghana then the gift card is worthless to you except you sell it.
- You prefer to have other digital assets like Bitcoin or other crypto. Bitcoin and cryptocurrency generally are slowly becoming an accepted means of transaction. So, converting gift cards to crypto is reasonable.
How to Redeem Gift Cards in Ghana for Cash or Crypto
- Choose a suitable platform. We recommend Prestmit.
- Create an account on the website or download the app on your Android or iOS device.
- On the dashboard, click on the Sell Gift Cards option and fill in the details of your gift card, from the gift Card category and type to the amount.
- Choose Cedis as your payment method. You can also choose to receive your payment in Bitcoin. If that is the case, enter your Bitcoin address.
- Submit and follow the prompt to finish the trade. Then wait for a few minutes for confirmation after which you’ll receive your payment.
You can redeem your gift cards in Ghana in 3 ways- online or in a physical store, assuming the issuing merchant has a store in Ghana. If you’re not interested in redeeming it for purchases of goods and services from the merchant, consider swapping it for cash or crypto. There are many reasons you may want to do that and whatever they are, Prestmit is there to provide quick gift card trading services for you.
Simply download the app, sign up and begin the trade.