If you have ever come across the term ‘Steam gift cards’ and wondered what it is and what they are used for, today is your lucky day. Your curiosity is about to be satisfied, so you do not end up like the cat. Your gift card knowledge is about to be updated. You won’t be the odd one in the group that doesn’t get the fuss about Steam gift cards and why it is a big deal for gamers. However, let us first understand what Steam is and how its gift card works.
What Is Steam?
It was released into the market by Valve in 2003. Steam is an online gaming platform that is downloadable on Windows PCs, and on Android and Apple devices. They can also be accessed through television with the aid of a Steam link device.
Steam was designed for gamers to have and provide access to video games of their choice without owning a console. Its users are able to sell, buy and store games on the platform. So this will be heaven for gamers and for Parents who can’t afford gaming consoles but want to give their kids the same experience.
Gamers worldwide are taking advantage of this innovative idea as it is recorded that they have 120 million monthly users. Note that 120 million is not a small number of users. In order for these large numbers of gamers to have access to the games, your Steam wallet must be credited. Apart from using debit cards or Paypal, Steam gift cards present a safe and easy way to load a Steam wallet.
What Is A Steam Gift Card?
If you are thinking of a gift to give to an online gamer, a Steam gift card will be much appreciated. Simply put, a Steam gift card is a means of payment on the Steam platform.
How To Activate A Steam Gift Code
- Visit the Steam website, and log in to your account (the account you want to activate the code for).
- In the dialogue box on the page, type in the gift code from your gift card, or copy and paste it into the box if you have the E-code.
- Steam will verify the code and after a while, the value of the gift card will be added to your Steam wallet.
What Are Steam Gift Cards Used For?
- Buy multiple games from game developers across the globe.
- Buy device hardware.
- Send digital gifts to friends or loved ones.
- Use the gift card as a gift by giving it out.
- Buy any type of digital software.
- Connect and join millions of users on Steam
- Exchange your Steam Gift Card for another option like cash.
There are several ways you can use your Steam Gift Card but the most popular is using it to buy video games on the Steam Platform. This may seem like a great choice for avid gamers who love to explore new games on the internet.
What Else Can You Do With Steam?
Steam gift cards can also be sold for cash or crypto. Whichever way you look at it, getting this gift or trading it will be worthwhile depending on your reason for buying.