What if I showed you how to use your vanilla gift card on Amazon to pay for those things you added to your cart weeks back? Hold that thought.
Everyone gets a thrill out of shopping, especially if it’s online. That means no stress or long queues at the payment counters. Just ‘add to cart’ and checkout. One of the biggest e-commerce sites is Amazon, and you can find almost anything there. The tricky part sometimes is making payments.
Thankfully, gift cards are the all-access solution you need to shop on any website anywhere. Apart from the Amazon gift card, a few others, such as Visa and Mastercard cards, are accepted on the platform. Visa’s Vanilla gift card is one of the accepted gift cards, and you can use it to shop on Amazon however, according to their regulations, Vanilla gift cards can only be used to shop from US-based merchants.
That being said, today’s blog will show you how to use a vanilla gift card on Amazon.
What is Vanilla Gift card?
Vanilla gift cards are prepaid debit cards preloaded with money that can be used to pay for products and services. If you have a Vanilla gift card, we bet you received it as a gift from a friend, colleague, or your boss at work.
Vanilla gift cards are subsidiary vouchers created from the partnership between the Vanilla company and Visa. One benefit of having a Vanilla gift card is that you can shop on any merchant website that accepts Visa and Mastercard.
Imagine trying to buy a limited-stock product at a merchant store that does not accept your local currency, but you have a Vanilla voucher. If the store accepts Visa debit cards, you’re in luck because you’re surely getting your product with your Vanilla gift card. Besides, most stores accept Visa and Mastercard debit cards anyway.
You can get Vanilla gift cards either in physical or digital formats. They come in denominations of $10 to $500.
Where to Buy a Vanilla Gift Card
You can find these coveted gift cards on Vanilla’s website. However, the available payment methods may make buying directly from the website difficult. A better alternative is to buy from an authorised vendor online.
The most recommended gift card vendor in all of Africa is Prestmit. You can buy as many Vanilla gift cards in whatever denominations you want and easily pay with Naira, Cedis or Bitcoin. Too easy, right?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to quickly buy a Vanilla gift card on Prestmit.
- Download the Prestmit app on your Android or iOS device. You can also use the website.
- Sign up for an account if you’re new, or sign in if you’re an existing user.
- Find the Gift Card by going to the “Buy Gift Card” page. Here, you’ll be able to filter by country or search for the gift card you’d like to buy.
- Select the amount & quantity of the gift card you’d like to buy.
- After you’ve entered the amount and quantity, you’ll see the total amount you’re to pay in Naira, Cedis and USD. Afterwards, you will be directed to the payment page where you can choose to pay from your Naira, Cedis, or Bitcoin wallet
- When you’re done, you will receive your gift card in your email.
Here’s a quick video tutorial on how to buy gift cards on Prestmit. The video explains the steps in more detail.
How to Use Vanilla Gift Card on Amazon
Now that you know you can use your Vanilla gift card on the Amazon website, how do you do it?
You can either add the card as a means of payment to your Amazon account first or add it during checkout. Here’s how to add your Vanilla gift card to your Amazon account.
- Go on to the Amazon website.
- Sign in to your account or sign up if you don’t have one yet.
- Open your dashboard by clicking the three small lines at the top left corner of your PC screen. Scroll down to Help & Settings and select Your Account.
- From the menu, tap on Your Payments and under Wallet, tap on Add a payment method.
- Select the Add a credit/debit card from the new menu under Credit/debit cards.
- Enter your Vanilla gift card details, including your card number, name on the card, expiration date and security code. Click Add Card when you’re done, and Amazon will add your Vanilla gift card as a payment method.
Here’s how to use your Vanilla gift card on Amazon after shopping.
- If you already have items in your cart and are ready to pay, head straight to the checkout page. Fill in the necessary information.
- Under Payment method, choose to pay with a debit or credit card. Then, proceed to add your Vanilla gift card information. Click on Use this payment method.
- Follow the prompts to complete your purchase.
FAQs About How to Shop on Amazon With a Vanilla Gift Card
Can I use my Vanilla gift card to shop on Amazon?
A: Yes, you can use a Vanilla gift card to pay for items on Amazon. Vanilla is in partnership with Visa, and Amazon accepts Visa cards for payment.
How do I add my Vanilla gift card to my Amazon account?
A: You can add your Vanilla gift card to your Amazon account during checkout or before shopping. Just sign in and find the payment section. Then select Add debit or credit card and enter your Vanilla gift card details. This article provides a more detailed guide.
Shopping online, especially from large international brands like Amazon, is now easy with gift cards. Now that you know how to use a Vanilla gift card on Amazon, you can enjoy a seamless shopping experience. If you’re looking for where to buy a Vanilla gift card, use Prestmit. All you need to get started is an account, so you can download the app and sign up for an account. Before shopping, you can use the Prestmit rate calculator to see the going rates per time.