If you are acquainted with different brands of gift cards, then you must have heard of Vanilla Visa gift cards. Perhaps, you’ve been postponing your shopping trip, or you’ve yet to find someone to teach you how to use your Vanilla gift card online.
Most people today, especially the younger demographic, know about gift cards and use them often. They have made life easier and made gift-giving even less complicated and more practical.
Vanilla gift cards are gift vouchers issued by the Vanilla gift card company in partnership with Visa. They’re quite popular for their versatility. and you can use them to purchase a variety of goods and services online and offline. So just in case you receive one and are yet to understand how to utilise it, don’t fret. We’ll show you how to use a Vanilla gift card online in this article.
Understanding Vanilla Gift Cards
Vanilla gift cards are payment cards preloaded with money and issued as vouchers for payment of goods and services. The denominations range from $10 to $500, and they come in two forms. You can either receive them as e-cards via email or as physical cards, which can be sent by mailing.
Vanilla Visa gift cards can be used for in-store, mail, and phone transactions. Many people consider a Vanilla Visa gift card to be the perfect gift for special occasions and an acceptable gift of appreciation to clients, employees, and business partners. You can redeem your gift card at different online and physical retail stores that accept Visa debit cards.
Most times, it is not just enough to buy gift cards; it’s also important to know how to use such gift cards. What’s the point of having something so valuable and not knowing how to put it to good use? Besides, if you leave it idle for long, you risk losing the gift card. Before you use your Vanilla gift card, you need to learn how to activate it.
How To Activate Vanilla Gift Cards
- To activate the card, go to the Vanilla gift card website.
- Enter your Vanilla gift card details, including your card number, the expiration date and the 3-digit code at the back of your card (CVV). Then tap Continue.
- Follow the prompts to activate the card, and the card will be ready to use.
- After entering that information, select “activate,”
How To Use Vanilla Gift Card Online
Using the Vanilla gift card online is not rocket science. It’s still the same thing you do daily with your prepaid Visa cards when you buy online.
To use the Vanilla gift card online, follow these steps.
- Add items to your online shopping cart and proceed to checkout when you’re done.
- Select Credit or Debit as the payment method, and do not select Gift Card because you may experience some transaction errors.
- In the ‘Payment Method’ section, enter the card information as you would do with a credit or debit card.
- In the ‘Billing Address’ section, fill in your name and address.
- Complete your payment. The amount will be deducted from your Vanilla gift card balance.
Note: Ensure the balance of the Vanilla Gift Card is more than the entire cost of the items you’re purchasing, including taxes. Depending on the transaction, requirements could be up to 20% above the purchase amount.
Tips and Safety Measures for Online Use
Now that you know how to use your Vanilla gift card online, here are a few tips to keep in mind. They might come in handy at some point.
- Always check your balance before shopping to ensure there are sufficient funds to pay for the items you want to buy. Even if the money left in your gift card isn’t enough, you’ll know what to remove from your cart.
- Verify the authenticity of the website you’re shopping on to stay safe from scammers.
- Keep your cards in a safe place where you can easily access them. Many cards are lost due to carelessness, and the owners are never able to recover the funds unless they have all the details of the gift card stored somewhere else.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy a Vanilla gift card?
A: You can buy Vanilla gift cards from online retail stores. Platforms that sell digital assets, like Prestmit, sell various gift cards at the most affordable rates online. Alternatively, you can check the physical retail stores around you.
Do Vanilla gift cards expire?
A: The Vanilla gift card company says the gift cards do not expire (i.e. the funds on the card). But they have expiration dates on the back of the card to enable you to carry out transactions online and to prevent fraud.
How much is Vanilla gift card online?
A: The cost of Vanilla gift cards differs from vendor to vendor and is dependent on the exchange rate. For example, at Presmit, the rate of a $100 Vanilla gift card is currently 38,000 NGN. It will most likely be different when you check. You can use the Prestmit Rate Calculator to confirm before you buy or sell.
Vanilla gift cards by Visa are the ultimate gift idea for any occasion. They’re versatile, affordable and very easy to use. Just follow the steps enumerated in this article to learn how to use your Vanilla gift card online. If you ever get one and you end up not needing to use it, remember you can always sell Vanilla gift cards for cash or crypto on Prestmit at the best rates.
Ensure you shop safely to avoid falling prey to scammers online. Also, keep your card in a safe place so that you don’t lose it.