The question of the expiration of Amazon Gift Cards keeps ringing in the mind of every Amazon Gift Card user. Many are uncertain of their access to the Amazon Store with their Amazon Gift Card. They don’t know if they should keep it for a long period or just redeem the card on the Amazon Store to beat the expiration date. This has inspired us to clear the confusion and answer the question of whether Amazon Gift Card expires.
What is an Amazon Gift Card?
An Amazon gift card is a card that has been pre-loaded with an amount of money and can be used to purchase any item from the Amazon store. The buyer can use their Amazon gift card to buy anything on Amazon Store. Amazon gift cards can come in form of Amazon e-gift cards, Amazon print at home gift cards, and Amazon physical gift cards. These cards can also come in different denominations like $5,$10,$25,$50 up to $500.
Does Amazon Gift Card Expire, Even When Not Redeemed?
The answer is no, Amazon Gift Cards do not expire even when it has not been redeemed or activated. The Amazon Gift Card can be redeemed at any time on the Amazon platform, the gift card balance on the card is added to your Amazon balance and it can be used to make purchases on the Amazon store at any time.
You should redeem the Amazon Gift Card after purchase to avoid the high probability of losing the card to thieves or displacing the card. Redeeming the Amazon Gift Card will transfer the card balance to your Amazon balance on the platform, which can always be used to pay for the items purchased on the Amazon Store when you check out.
How To Redeem Amazon Gift Cards on Amazon Website
Redeeming Amazon Gift Cards is a very simple and easy process. Below are the simple steps to follow;
- Visit the Amazon official page to redeem the gift card.
- Log into your account, or create a new account. Then click on “Hello” and further click on “Account” underneath it.
- Under the dropdown, click “Account“
- It will take you to a page of several options, you’ll see “Your payments” in fhs middle of the screen.
- Scroll down to “Amazon Gift Cards“
- Click on “Redeem Gift Card” and further input the card information.
How to Redeem Amazon Gift Cards on Amazon App
This is very similar to how it’s done on the Amazon site, it’s quite simple too. So, if you want to redeem the Amazon Gift Card using the Amazon app.
- Download the Amazon App and click on the Amazon pay option in the menu section
- Enter the gift card code which was provided to you by Amazon and click” Add to your balance button“.
- Amazon verifies the card and then the balance is added to your Amazon Pay account.