Shitcoins are considered risky investments even though cryptocurrency enthusiasts haven’t stopped earning from them today.
Despite the huge risk, some of these coins referred to as ”Shitcoins” are among the most popular cryptocurrencies in the crypto market today.
In this article, we’ll focus on the top Shitcoins in the crypto market. But before then, let’s learn about Shitcoins.
What are Shitcoins?
Shitcoins are cryptocurrencies that have little or no value, or a digital currency that has no immediate discernible purpose.
These cryptos are either created as a copy of an existing cryptocurrency or an entirely new project. The success of Bitcoin introduced in 2009 by Satoshi Nakamoto has paved way for other businesses to create new coins.
How To Buy Shitcoins
If you are interested in buying any of the shitcoins, here are the steps to take;
- Download the Trust Wallet App.
- Sign up for a crypto platform that sells Binance coins (BNB).
- Purchase BNB.
- Send BNB to Trust Wallet BNB address.
- Swap BNB to a smart chain.
- Connect Trust Wallet to pancake swap.
- Open up DApps in your Trust Wallet.
- Paste PancakeSwap website address on the DApps search bar then click enter.
- Change the icon to Smart chain on the top right corner of the PancakeSwap.
- Click ‘Trade” when the wallet connects.
- Use your BNB to purchase the Shitcoin of your choice.
Top 5 Shitcoins To Invest In 2022
Although subjective, here are some of the top shitcoins in the cryptocurrency market;
- Dogecoin (DOGE): Although created out of a joke, this meme coin is one of the most popular cryptocurrencies today. It was designed around a comical picture of a Shiba Inu dog called ‘Doge’. It has since become popular majorly because of the influence of Tesla’s CEO, Elon Musk. The success of this meme coin led to the creation of its copy, Shiba Inu.
- BitTorrent (BTT): This is a token built around the file-sharing platform, BitTorrent. The platform was already functioning and existed without a token which has led many to categorize BTT as a ”Shitcoin”. It is however one of the trending shitcoin in the crypto market.
- Dent (DENT): This is a coin used to purchase mobile phone packages. However, many believe the app does not require blockchain technology and actually functions better without it. DENT is seen by many as a way to earn money via cryptocurrency.
- TRON (TRX): This token was developed to power the Tron blockchain. Its legitimacy has been questioned by many as the whitepaper appears to be plagiarized. For this reason, it is considered a shitcoin.
- Shiba Inu (SHIB): This token was designed to rival the earlier created Dogecoin. Dubbed as the ”Dogecoin killer”, Shiba Inu is simply named after the Japanese breed of dog called Shiba Inu. This coin serves no purpose and it is not associated with any blockchain or decentralized application. Shiba Inu has skyrocketed in recent times, with crypto investors trading the coin.
Shitcoins have little or no value and if you must invest in them, you’ll need to be active and monitor the way the price move.
Prestmit is one of the best exchange platforms where you can trade cryptocurrencies. If you ever find yourself in a position to sell Shitcoins in Nigeria or Ghana, Visit Prestmit, it’s the best platform for you.