Thousands of Nigerians are waking up to the unending benefits that Gift Card technology has to offer. Ever since Gift Cards became so popular in the country, many have done everything in their power to explore and take advantage of it.
Gift Cards are primarily used for making in-store and online purchases from business brands, or from affiliated stores of such businesses. For most people, they prefer to sell their Gift Cards for some cash and cryptocurrency.
The Gift Card industry is a multi-billion industry, which implies why Gift Card trading is quite common in Nigeria, as people sell their partially used or unused Gift Cards at discounted prices.
The enabling ground for this is a platform where such transactions are carried out. Due to the increase in the Gift Card trading business, one may as well fall victim to scammers. This is why we have compiled this article to highlight how you can successfully sell Gift Cards in Nigeria.
What Is a Gift Card?
The word “Gift Card” is very common in the fintech world today. A gift card is sometimes known as a gift certificate, gift token or gift voucher, depending on location.
A Gift Card simply means a prepaid money card issued by a business that can be used as an alternative to cash for making purchases within a specific store it’s related businesses.
Gift Cards are often programmed and sold in two formats, namely; physical plastic cards and the e-Gift Card.
Many companies selling these Gift Cards often ship the plastic cards to the registered location within 2-3 days after purchase. However, the e-Gift Cards are sent to the email address within few minutes of placing the order.
Most Gift Card monetary denomination launches from the value of $5 to at least $500.
Apart from using Gift Cards as an alternative to cash in in-store and online stores purchases, you can exchange them for cash or cryptocurrency. Even if you have redeemed a part of the Gift Card, you can still sell the fraction left on the card. This is why it is important to understand how you can sell your Gift Card in Nigeria when need be.
What Are Gift Cards Used For?
Gift Cards offer several reasons why they’re important in our daily lives. Apart from the conventional transactions you can carry out with Gift Cards, there are some other things you can achieve with the help of Gift Cards.
- Online and in-store purchases: This is the basic reason Gift Cards were invented in the first place. You can use Gift Cards to make payments instead of cash, for items purchased from stores, both online and offline.
- Seasonal gifting: Gift Cards have proven to be the best gifts you can offer on gifting seasons. Instead of buying those gifts you’re not sure they will need, you can just send them Gift Cards instead. This will also help them make better choices.
- Increasing Brand Awareness: Companies attract customers to their brand through the sale of Gift Cards. The logo on the card advertises the business wherever the card finds itself, without even saying a word about it. As the Gift Card is gifted to people and they are redeemed at the store, more awareness is created.
- Earning Cash or Crypto: This suits best for people who are not interested in purchasing anything from the store, or people whose ideal products are not sold on the store. Gift Cards can be converted into cash or cryptocurrency. One may use the cash to purchase one’s favourite gift item.
Sources Of Gift Cards In Nigeria
One may wonder,” But where can I get these Gift Cards in Nigeria?”
Well, the truth remains that Gift Cards can be purchased in many ways in Nigeria. In fact, one can earn Gift Cards for free through so many ways which I will still show you.
The sources of Gift Cards in Nigeria are;
- Brand Online Platforms: This is the primary way of earning Gift Cards in Nigeria. First is to check out the brand of Gift Card you want to buy, the visit their website and place your order for the type of Gift Card of your choice. You also have the option of choosing the monetary value on your Gift Card. This is common with e-Gift Cards, though one can still buy plastic cards online and get them shipped to Nigeria but this is very rare.
- Retail Stores: This source is also very common in Nigeria. Some may prefer to get their Gift Cards from a physical retail store instead of online. Gift Cards commonly sold in the retail stores are plastic Gift Cards. An example of a store where you can get varieties of Gift Card brands in Nigeria is ShopRite.
- Earn as Gifts: Earning Gift Cards as gifts can be a great way to source Gift Cards in Nigeria. People always buy Gift Cards for their special ones during festive seasons like Christmas. If you’re lucky to get one as a gift, then you can enjoy the unending sweetness of such Gift Card.
How To Earn Free Gift Cards in Nigeria
Even if you can’t afford to buy a Gift Card, you can still earn free Gift Cards in Nigeria through the following ways;
- Subscribe to Survey Junkie: This is a platform that provides numerous rewards for tasks, most notably in the form of Gift Cards. Sign up for Survey Junkie, complete as many surveys as you can, and be rewarded with a plethora of Gift Cards that can be redeemed for anything.
- Subscribe to InboxDollars: InboxDollars is a great online platform for people who want to earn extra money by completing tasks such as surveys, watching videos, downloading apps, and so on. On the platform, you can earn rewards in the form of Gift Cards, which you can then redeem in the store.
- By registering for Swagbucks: Swagbucks is a rewards program that is completely free. As a Swagbucks member, you can earn “SB” points for completing simple online tasks like surfing the web, watching videos. You can earn free Gift Cards as rewards for these tasks.
How To Sell Gift Cards In Nigeria 2022
If you read to this point, kudos to.you because you’re about to see how best to sell those Gift Cards you may have termed “useless” in Nigeria. This trade can be carried on our platform due to our great reputation for Gift Card trading in the country. So, you can start by doing the following;
- Create an account and log in.
- Click on “Start Trade”.
- Select ” Sell Gift Card” and simply scroll down the page to fill in the gift card details.
- Select “Category” and further select “Sub Category”: This is where you select the category of your Gift Card and further specify the sub category of the Gift Card you want to sell.
- Select “AMOUNT”: Enter the total amount of the Gift Cards you want to sell. This is calculated by an automated rate calculator according to the current rates.
- Select PAYOUT METHOD: Since you are trading Gift Cards for cash, just select Naira or Cedis. The price of the Gift Card in your chosen currency(Naira or Cedis) will be automatically displayed when you enter the amount. However, the dollar equivalent will be displayed if you choose Bitcoin or USDT.
- SEND DIRECTLY: Tick the checkbox that reads “Send Directly To My Bank Account” if you want the money to be sent to your bank account directly. Input your address if you want payments in crypto. Also, remember to select your preferred bank and bank details.
- Finally, click “APPLY” and your payment will be sent in a few minutes.
Prestmit is the best platform you can think of when you want to trade your Gift Cards, we offer the best rates and our payment is instant. Try Prestmit today and you’ll surely be glad you did.