The eBay marketplace is one of the biggest places that offers an online venue for businesses and individuals to sell items.
eBay is a good place to buy a gift for a loved one so therefore, it has numerous users worldwide. Buyers and sellers on this platform have to beware of scammers and fraudsters, especially for their gift cards.
In this post, we’ll be looking at how a user can protect his/herself from an eBay gift card scam. Before then, let’s learn more about eBay and its gift card.
What is eBay?
Formerly known as AuctionWeb, eBay is a multi-national e-Commerce company that facilitates consumer-to-consumer & business-consumer sales online.
The company is founded by Pierre Omidyar in 1995 and grown to be one of the biggest online marketplace in the world.
eBay’s website is free to use for buyers, but sellers are charged fees for listing items. This is after a limited number of free listings, and an additional or separate fee when those items are sold.
What is an eBay Gift Card?
An eBay gift card is a prepaid card that is used to pay for items on the eBay platform. They are a good substitute for actual gifts because they enable the receiver to buy what they want. This leaves a lasting memory in the receiver’s memory.
eBay is a good place to buy a gift for a loved one but that’s if you know exactly what they want. In a situation where you can’t figure out what the receiver wants, an eBay gift card can solve the problem. Even if they do not use them to redeem items online, they can trade eBay gift cards for cash.
Where To Buy eBay Gift Card
An eBay gift card can be purchased both physically in stores or online. You can purchase eBay gift card in stores such as Rite Aid, Hallmark, Apple Market, Best Buy, Snappy Mart etc.
If you are buying online, their are numerous sites do so. These include eBay.com, Target.com, Giftcards.com, Carddelivery.com, Target.com, Dundle.com, Gyft.com and so on.
How To Trade eBay Gift Card for Cash
An eBay gift card can be used for many items on the platform. Some holders however may decide to trade the gift card for cash.
You will need to create an account on an exchange platform to be able to sell your eBay gift card. One of the best places to do so is Prestmit, a digital exchange platform.
Why Choose Prestmit for Gift Card Exchange?
1. It is Always Available
You can have access to gift cards 24/7 on Prestmit. It is available at any time you want to trade. This is very essential if you really want the best site to trade gift cards.
2. Built with Love
This platform is designed with the users in mind. The rates here are true with the market rates. Here, gift card rates are automatically updated to stay correct according to market rates.
The aim is not only to make profit, but to ensure every user has an amazing experience while using the platform.
3. Use Multiple Payment Options
You can make payment on this platform using fiat currencies and digital currencies. Nigerian Naira, Ghanaian Cedis, and Tether (USDT) are payment options on Prestmit.
4. Instant Payment
Prestmit offers instant payment on trade for its users/customers on this platform. This is one of the several reasons it used by many people.
Users count Prestmit as one of the best digital exchange platforms for its speed of transaction. The payment facility is one of the best out there, you get your payment same minute (instant).
5. Fast Transaction
You can get your transactions done on this site (web/app) quickly. The options available for payment as well as the app make your transactions quick.
Using an average of general trade trends, transactions only take minutes and payments are instant once requested.
6. Easy To Use
Prestmit is as easy as writing your name and email address. The platform offers an intuitive, beginner-friendly interface and 24/7 customer support for your trade. You can register your digital wallets in a minute on the platform.
How To Trade Your Gift Card on Prestmit
Once you’ve registered your account on Prestmit, the following steps are to be taken to trade gift cards.
- Log into Your Account
- Click on “BEGIN TO TRADE” or “START TRADE”.
- Then tap “SELL GIFT CARDS”.
- Fill in the options on the page which will include; Category, Gift Card, Amount and Payout Method.
- “Category” is where you fill in your gift card brand, in this case, it’s eBay.
- “Gift Card” is where you fill in what type of gift card the eBay gift card is. E.g USA eBay Physical.
- “Amount” is where you fill in the price of your eBay gift card.
- On Prestmit you have the option to be paid in Naira, Cedis, Bitcoins or USDT. The Payout Method box is where you specify which of the currencies you want to be paid in.
- You will also need to upload your gift card picture through the “FILE UPLOAD” option.
- Tick “SEND DIRECTLY” for the money to be sent to your bank account. This can only be possible if you have provided your account number on your Naira or Cedis wallet.
Wait for the confirmation and your money will be safe in your bank account.
How To Protect Your eBay Gift Card From Scams
There are a number of ways to protect yourself from gift card scams. Scammers also have a number of means to scam you of your gift cards. Listed below are tips to avoid gift card scam on eBay.
- Treat your eBay gift card redemption code like cash
- Never share your gift card code with anyone
- Only redeem your gift card at checkout on eBay.com
- Don’t use your gift card to pay anyone outside of eBay
- If a seller says they’ll only accept payment by gift card, don’t go through with the transaction – it’s a scam.
It is very important to note that scammers may reach out to you via phone, email, social media, or online and say they urgently need a quick sale. They may ask you to buy an eBay gift card and send them the gift card code as payment.
These are ways to scam you via your gift card so you need to stay at alert!!!
Also Read– How To Activate eBay Gift Card