With each passing day, technology has never ceased to unfold innovations and inventions. Some years ago, the prospect of video games was only possible for people who had access to a TV and PlayStation and Xbox, people who had a CD enabled laptop computers also enjoyed the sweetness of video games when they installed each CD package into the computer. Today, everything has changed, a newer technology has outlived the ones we use to know. The internet has eased life for arid gamers, such that they can buy, download and install games online, even play and compete with people, compare performances and win prizes.
Steam is world-class platform built specifically for purchasing and downloading video games and other digital content. Steam Store features thousands of video games, especially blockbusters and the latest games. Although one can make purchases on the store with a different payment methods, this Store sells the Steam Gift Card to customers for the sake of an easy and more secure transaction on their part and brand awareness and more revenue generation for the company.
This short article highlights the complete guide on how you can buy games on Steam using a Steam Gift Card and much more information about the Steam store.
What Is A Steam Gift Card?
A Steam Gift Card is a card preloaded with some amount of credit that can be used for purchasing different types of games when the card is redeemed on the platform for the credit on the card. This credit is redeemed to the Steam wallet and can be used anytime for games and other digital content downloads.
Like every other gift card, Steam Gift Card are designed in two formats, namely; Steam Physical Gift Card and Steam e-Gift Card.
The difference between both is that physical Steam gift cards usually come in denominations of $20, $30, $50, $100 and can be bought from physical retail stores while digital cards come in denominations of $5, $10, $25, $50, and $100 and can be purchased online from Steam website, delivered through Steam gift card email delivery. Steam gift cards have an activation code which is a ticket for transferring the Steam card’s money value into the Steam account or rather, a digital Steam Wallet.
What Is Steam Gift Card Used For?
Steam Gift Cards are mainly redeemed on the Steam platform and the credits from the card are used to purchase video games and other downloadable content on the Steam platform.
Secondly, you may decide to send Steam Gift Card as gifts, it could be a birthday, holiday, Christmas gifts. This is so suiting especially when you know they love video games and also save you the difficulty that comes with racking your brains thinking of the perfect gifts.
Most importantly, Steam Gift Card can be traded for cash or even crypto, depending on the choice of the user. Assuming you have an unused or partially used Steam Gift Card, you can turn it in for quick cash and crypto in your wallet.
How To Add Money To My Steam Wallet
The steam platform works hand in hand with your wallet balance, therefore, you should have credit in your Steam wallet if you intend to purchase anything from the Steam store. To add money to your Steam wallet, you can do it on Steam after creating a profile. You just have to choose any payment you want, but most people use their Steam Gift Card. Remember that you must redeem the Steam Gift Card(wallet codes) to the Steam wallet before you can use the credit for any transaction.
Add Money Using Steam
- Log in to your Steam account to add funds.
- Account Details can be accessed by clicking your profile name in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select an amount and proceed to checkout by clicking “+Add funds to your Steam Wallet“
Where To Buy Steam Gift Cards
Depending on where you live, a physical Steam Gift Card which has the wallet codes at the back can be found at a variety of electronics retailers, convenience stores, game stores, and grocery stores. Steam Wallet codes can also be purchased at various kiosks, cyber cafes, and eCommerce websites of which Steam is number one, it can also be bought from Amazon either printed directly on a receipt or delivered via email. Many other sites also sell Steam wallet codes which may be sent to you over text message or email. These are redeemed the same way as a physical gift card.
How To Redeem Steam Gift Card Online
You must have seen that I emphasised redeeming the Steam Gift Card occasionally but you don’t know how to go about it. Taking the steps below, you will be able to do that easily.
- Log in to the Steam Gift Card page. If you do not already have a Steam account, you will need to create one.
- Please enter the unique Wallet code that you received into the “Steam Wallet Code” field after logging into Steam.
- To apply the credit to your account, click “Continue.” Please keep in mind that if you have never used Steam Wallet credit on your account, you may be asked to enter your current address to determine the correct currency.
- The Steam Wallet code’s value will be added to your account’s Steam Wallet balance. The current available balance will be displayed in the upper right corner, beneath your profile name
Read also: How much is Steam Gift Card rate in Nigeria today
How To Buy Games On Steam With Steam Gift Card
You’ll be able to utilize the funds in the Steam Store after they’ve been loaded into your wallet. To use your digital gift card dollars to purchase a game, follow the instructions below.
- Once you’ve found the Steam game you want to play, select Add to Cart. You’ll be taken to a page where you can pick choose either purchase for Myself or Purchase as a Gift. Choose the desired option.
- Your payment method will be set to your Steam Wallet by default. To return to this page, select Payment Info at the top of the screen and double-check that it’s selected from the dropdown.
- On the Review + Purchase page, agree to the Steam Subscriber Agreement by checking the box, then select Purchase at the bottom.
Your wallet will be debited for the game(s), and you can now download the Steam game. If the price exceeds your wallet’s limit, you can use a secondary payment method, such as a credit card or Paypal, to cover the difference.