Gift cards are beneficial to customers who use them to make purchases in stores or online. They get to make their own choices, get relieved of carrying some cash in their pocket and sometimes get some discounts on the items they want to buy if they use gift cards. However, while some gift cards are automatically activated upon purchase, some gift cards like eBay Gift Card need to be activated by you after purchasing them. Therefore, there is a need to activate your gift card, only then can it be used to carry out any transaction and the card balance also reflects on your eBay account.
What is eBay?
eBay is an American multinational online commerce company. eBay is one of the most popular methods of buying and selling goods and services through customers to customers and business to customers trade partnerships, on the internet eBay is a platform where individuals and businesses can buy or sell products, which can be anything from; electronics, books, cars, clothes, professional services also.
What is eBay Gift Card?
eBay as a company sells eBay Gift Card which can be used to purchase all available products on the eBay platform, but this is not possible if the gift card is not activated or redeemed.
eBay Gift Cards can be in form of physical plastic cards or e-Gift Cards which are sent as codes to the registered email address.
Currently, digital(e-Gift Card) eBay Gift Cards are unavailable as the company claims to develop a better than ever experience that will be launched soon. The gift cards are delivered in many denominations like $5, $10, $25, $100 etc
Related: Sell eBay Gift Card For Bitcoin
Where To Buy eBay Gift Card
eBay does not sell digital eBay gift cards currently, hence the only option left for buyers is the plastic card. To buy the eBay plastic cards, you can simply visit the eBay website or any of the retail stores like Walgreens, Kroger, etc with your debit or credit card and purchase the eBay gift card of your choice.
Related: How To Sell eBay Gift Card For Cedis
How To Activate eBay Gift Card
To be able to enjoy the goodness on eBay and that of the eBay Gift Card, you should do the following;
- First, log in to your eBay account to redeem your card.
- Enter the redemption code near the bottom of the checkout page in the gift cards, coupons, and eBay Bucks field.
- Any remaining balance will be carried over to your next eBay purchase. It is essential to know that it may take up to four hours for your eBay Gift Card to be activated.
How To Use eBay Gift Card on eBay
After the day’s shopping on eBay, you can pay for your items by following the steps below;
- Enter your shipping and payment details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the checkout page and enter the gift card redemption code in the “Add Coupons Field“.
- Select “Apply” to see your new total.
- Check your details again and select Confirm and pay.
If you are short of credit on your gift card that it can’t cover the cost of an item outright, you can pay the remaining cost using another payment method, like a credit/debit card, PayPal.
How To Check eBay Gift Card Balance
You may have a used eBay Gift Card and you’re not so sure about the eBay Gift Card balance, here’s how to check for the eBay gift card balance online;
- Visit the eBay balance checking page.
- Select “check your gift card balance” on the eBay website if you want to check on the site.
- Finally, input the card details and send.
But if you want to check directly via eBay customer support, then call eBay customer support at 866-540-3229 and ask the customer support agent to check your gift card balance for you after giving your information.